Coronavirus: Our Response
May 2020 Update
Following the latest Government advice on 10th May, JTS staff continue to work remotely, and our Statement from March (below) remains consistent. However, our offices have now been set up to allow staff members to go in if required, and screens have been erected between desks and procedures put in place to ensure safe working practices.
With the easement of certain restrictions, we consider that we can undertake site visits, where these can be conducted following the Government guidance and social distancing measures. The decision to attend a site visit will be left to the individual involved, and they will liaise closely with the occupier to ensure that both parties are happy and the risks are reduced.
For internal meetings, our instruction to our staff is that these do not go ahead and our offices cannot be used for this purpose at the moment. We would recommend looking into alternative methods, such as video conferencing first as these methods have proved successful.
March 2020 Statement
As the situation surrounding Covid-19 develops daily, JTS is closely monitoring Government advice in seeking to ensure the wellbeing of our colleagues, clients and those that we work with, while continuing to deliver a high quality, personal service.
It is important to us that you have visibility into what we are doing as a company to protect our customers and employees and that we remain committed to ensuring the highest level of service and support to you.
- We have a Business Continuity Plan in place.
- Our VPN allows up to 50 people to work remotely while accessing our IT systems. This is more than sufficient for all JTS staff to work simultaneously while out of the office and has worked effectively.
- All professional staff have access to a mobile phone to ensure that they are in contact with you and us during this period.
- We have conference call facilities and video call facilities in place to dial into meetings with clients, consultant teams and Local Planning Authorities.
- The decision to attend a meeting in person is left to the individual (unless specifically requested not to by the client or government). Still, we would recommend looking into alternative methods, such as video conferencing first. We are stressing the need for our people to be socially responsible and for everyone to play their part.
- We have internal messaging systems in place so that our teams can communicate efficiently with each other.
- We have external I.T. consultants providing us with expert advice (who can also provide support remotely to those working from home).
- We have an enhanced daily cleaning regime in all of our offices and there are hand sanitizers and wipes available throughout these locations offices.
- We have over 20 professional staff spread across Brentwood, Canterbury and Leeds. In the unlikely event that some of our team become unwell due to the outbreak, we have sufficient resilience within the company to provide additional support and cover.
- We have practical file-sharing resources (that also work remotely) to ensure continuous service to your projects.
JTS will continually review the evolving situation and the latest Government guidance.
If you have any queries, please contact our offices on 01277 224664 (Brentwood), 01227 456633 (Canterbury) or 0113 244 4288 (Leeds), or call or email your usual JTS contact. Senior staff email addresses can be found on the Team page of this website.